Case Study Highlights
Loveland, Colorado company Lightning eMotors needed help navigating the intricate process of regulatory filing activities required for a merger with a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), California-based GigCapital3 Inc.
C Squared Solutions completed M&A consulting work that helped Lightning go public in the SPAC merger.
- Mentor, clarify & troubleshoot
- Uncover & prepare requirements
- Onboard new hires
A Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) is created when a company with no commercial operations is formed strictly to raise capital for the purpose of acquiring an existing company. California-based GigCapital3 Inc. was that SPAC, and approached Fort Collins, Colorado-based company, then called Lightning Hybrids, to purchase them in order to take the company public. They were an early-stage zero-emission-vehicle (ZEV) company looking to continually raise capital. They hired C Squared Solutions to navigate the intricate process of regulatory filing activities required for the merger with GigCapital3.
- Fill in knowledge gaps
- Ensure the staff was asking the right questions
- Provide the information that was required through the legal and financial nuances
- Resolve issues as they arose
- Provide the expertise needed to prepare the financials, get ahead of the auditors’ questions and act as the liaison with third parties to complete the private company stock valuations and position paper
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to the new CFO, VP of Finance and SEC specialist in preparation for becoming a publicly-traded company